GE Design Engineer in Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Saudi Arabia
The Design Engineer dmonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Lead and coordinate design activities, establish functional and new drafting processes and product standardization templates, system / product definition, drawings, specifications, and BoMs using specific or establishing new design tool
· Independently perform most design assignments
· Assign contracts to designer and regulate workload leveling for the drawing fulfillment
· Coordinate drawing checking methods and monitor designer checking schedules
· Responsible for the technical development of part of a job (requisition) or part of a new project (NPI).
· Ensure appropriate documentation (layout, spec, design assy / stack-up / specification studies, BoMs).
· Interface with PE or Program Manager, DE, Testing, Sourcing, Quality and Manufacturing and interface with component / system vendors
· Coordinate and control the activities performed by external resources related to the assigned job
· Ensure expected results in term of quality, execution time, and cost (within control)
· Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (AC / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations, 3D scanning equipment)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years experience as a designer)
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering is preferred
· Prior experience as a Designer with at least six full projects successfully completed is preferred
· Knowledge of using design CAD tools and demonstrated experience in use
· Ability to understand and implement design lay-outs for overall assemblies and applying drawing standards
· Ability to work in teams and achieve targets
· Strong detail focus
· Ability to work in a global environment
· Six Sigma training is preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills