General Electric Human Resources Leadership Program Internship – HRLP in Connecticut
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Pipeline for HRLP (Human Resources Leadership Program)
About HRLP: Through this developmental 2-year experience you will uncover your leadership potential, develop skills to be a successful HR professional, and be empowered to act as a change agent and connector of talent and resources in one of GE’s businesses. You’ll receive education and personal mentorship from the top minds in your field while being exposed to a variety of disciplines.
GE’s HRLP is a two-year rotational program composed of 3 rotations in different areas of the function and the business to allow you to constantly challenge yourself. While on program, you will receive in-class and virtual training to aid in your development, have opportunities to lead and participate in impactful projects, and network with senior HR leaders across the globe. When you join HRLP, you join a global community of HR professionals spanning diverse industries who have a passion to innovate and a strong desire to make a difference. The program is divided into three eight-month rotations, with assignments in areas including: HR generalist, employee relations, or specialist roles such as compensation and benefits, recruitment, or organizational design as well as cross business, cross functional or global experiences. Your experience will be unique and personalized based on your interests, development and business needs. By placing you in a real job, you will have responsibility immediately, empowering you to make a strategic impact on the people and organization side of GE.
GE is a recognized leader for employee training and development. Therefore, your development is a critical component of the HRLP program. Training will occur frequently throughout your two years on program, but one of the cornerstones of the HRLP experience are the global, week-long seminars. During the seminars you will work closely with your HRLP peers from around the world, in partnership with senior HR and business leaders, participating in formal learning, business simulations, and community service activities.
Just as the individual experiences of every HRLP on program will vary based on individual goals and aspirations, the roles that HRLPs take once they complete the program are as equally varied. Whether the role is generalist or specialist, working in a manufacturing site or a corporate office, one thing is certain — through HRLP you will have gained the skills and network to take on a challenging role in the business that will help you advance in your career as an HR professional.
Intern assignments, generally 10 - 12 weeks, are focused in specific HR areas such as: HR generalist, employee relations, organization and staffing, learning and development, compensation and benefits, acquisition integration, etc. Assignments will expose program participants to the vital role HR plays in solving key business issues and problems.
Successful internship assignments may lead to program placement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Business and up to 3 years of work experience in Human Resources, Business Management or other professional roles, OR Master’s Degree in business or a human resources discipline (industrial & labor relations, industrial & organizational psychology, organizational behavior,) and up to 1 year of work experience in Human Resources, Business Management or other professional roles.
• GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
• Geographically mobile (rotational program, locations vary)
• GE is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional Desired Criteria
• HR or HR related experience preferred
• Demonstrated potential to exhibit the following attributes: hunger to win, accountable, learner, authentic, giver, agile, judgment, connector.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, project management skills, organization skills
• Ability to understand business strategy and organizations
• Willing to take initiatives and be a change agent
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills, business acumen, possess integrity, flexibility.
• Ability to simplify and communicate complex data
Locations: United States; Connecticut
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.