General Electric Recurring Cost Analyst in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation at http://www.geaviation.com , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Recurring Estimating Analyst role will utilize your skills and experience to develop internal costings for GE Aviation Systems LTD hardware for the Avionics and Power Distribution Product Groups supporting Sales; New Product Introduction programmes; Momentum and Spares requirements. In this role you will be required to execute short-term objectives and support some long term business strategies.
• Support Power and Avionics businesses based at the Cheltenham facility
• Own the recurring cost estimate generation for New Product Introduction, Momentum and Spares hardware, including significant programs such as JSF & Apache, in accordance with ITO and NPI processes
• Liaise with programme managers and engineering teams to develop recurring estimates
• Direct engagement with Vendors to obtain quotes in accordance with current procedures and delegated authority
• Engage with Supply Chain to obtain labour estimates
• Ongoing review of ERP cost base - drive/facilitate updates with functional stakeholders as identified to ensure accurate and current historical cost information
• Engage and work with Sourcing to challenge the prices submitted by vendors
• Contribute to and drive process improvements and identify opportunity areas where analysis may help improve business decisions
• Support to Pricing teams, inc Military Pricing
In addition, the Estimating Analyst may be required to support additional business activities including but not limited to:
• Understand the make-up of vendors over long term plans (5&10 yr) based on business projections
• Engage and partner with global cost estimating teams to drive consistency and best practice
• Work with the supply base leveraging on the longer term business value projections
• Focal for the MCP focus
• Provide the support/education to the manufacturing cells regarding actual cost data and implement the necessary controls – weekly/monthly reports
• Prepare comprehensive reports, and perform analysis of business data
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Some demonstrated experience in commercial; technical or finance role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills.
• An ability to anticipate, identify and resolve issues.
• Established analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Effective team building skills.
• Detail oriented and accountable for completion of work assignments.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
• Contribute to and drive process improvements.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
• Ability to draw upon experiences and adapt through difficult business cycles.
• Possess a basic understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.