GE Lead Test Equipment Electrical Design Engineer in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
AtGE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Lead Test Equipment Electrical Design Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
We are looking to recruit Lead Design Engineers who will be responsible for test equipment design & development, component specifying, test equipment commissioning and integration for major power product programmes. Working as part of an integrated team, you will produce test solutions for a wide range of power products from complex electronic assemblies to electromechanical power switching systems
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Test Equipment projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product program requirements
• Support the liaison with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of appropriate solutions to the standards required.
• Generate documentation for the equipment from original requirements through to formal release procedures to enable on-going support of the equipment to take place.
• Commission the equipment and support the verification, validation & integration of the equipment and units-under-test.
• Ensuring equipment is taken into service by manufacturing in a timely manner.
• Provide technical leadership to colleagues
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate solutions are designed and delivered
• Work collaboratively on teams to address organizational initiatives
• Present in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Qualified to HNC level or above in an electronic/electrical/engineering discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Significant electrical equipment design experience
• Significant experience in hardware design, development, commissioning and integration, ideally gained in a high integrity environment
• Working knowledge of equipment wiring standards, CE regulations and other engineering industry standards
• Experience of fault finding and the interpretation of test results and diagnostics
• An understanding of programming languages such as C, C++ and LabView to support integration activities working alongside software engineers
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Exposure to the design of equipment used for testing is desirable
• An understanding of test philosophies and types of testing employed in the development and release of products is desirable.