GE Electrical Design Engineer - Power Hardware in Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
AtGE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Electrical Design Engineer - Power Hardware
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The Electrical Design Engineer will be involved in supporting power distribution products for both commercial and military aircraft platforms and will be involved in the full engineering development lifecycle of the product In this role you will utilize your experience and expertise to solve hardware engineering problems, within the fields of electrical power and utilities Management to carry out the design of electrical wiring and products for civil & military aerospace applications.
As the Electrical Design Engineer, you will utilize your experience and expertise to support the design and introduction of aviation power products to satisfy customer requirements. You will prioritize, your workload to drive and resolve engineering, manufacturing, and test issues to support the product range. This will include concept design, hardware architecture, definition and management of requirements, testing and simulation, subsystem and aircraft integration, verification, and support of retrofit activities for in-service aircraft
Duties and Responsibilities
• Electrical design, producing wiring & harness diagrams and Bills of Material (BOM) for new product introduction projects in according to the engineering lifecycle
• Producing information to support engineering traceability, e.g. demonstrating that the design meets the customer requirements
• Participate where required in the proposal process to insure that sound technical solutions are offered to customers
• Participate in customer technical meetings, brief out solutions and deliver any corrective actions
• Leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize technical results
• Support and participate in engineering design reviews.
• Capture and disseminate lessons learned to support new product introduction
• Experience of electrical design and power distribution of AC and/or DC systems, including wiring, relays, contactors, circuit breakers and distribution of electrical power
• Able to clearly formulate and communicate design concepts and engage with a wider cross-functional team to deliver the customer requirement
• Understanding of safety and reliability concepts for a safety critical environment, in particular compliance with Aviation design standards
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college or equivalent, relevant experience in a product delivery environment or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Understanding of an engineering development lifecycle, its importance in delivery and its execution in a product delivery environment. Familiarity with hardware engineering processes including requirements definition, design validation, legacy support, and verification
• Understanding of configuration control methods
• Good oral and written communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Aviation engineering experience, although other safety critical business would be considered
• Experience of concept electrical design, design for test and qualification testing
• Understanding of how to derive and consume system requirements that form the basis of electrical design
• Mentor Capital, Capital Harness and Doors software tool proficiency
Strong candidate identified; qualified candidates are still encouraged to apply