GE Project Manager - Asset Management in Cambridge, United Kingdom
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Project Manager - Asset Management
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The Project Manager will provide delivery execution leadership (OTR) and bid support (ITO) for high priority projects impacting both business and customer profitability. Working primarily for the Asset Management Centre of Excellence, based out of Cambridge, UK but with potential to engage on projects across the region which includes but is not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• This position is responsible for scope, cost, schedule, change and risk management as well as quality and customer satisfaction for all assigned projects.
• Ability to effectively manage technical teams and suppliers, across multiple large-scale projects and diverse locations
• Delivery of complete project to agreed schedule and budget, able to multi-task across simultaneous project deliveries, demonstrating effective reporting, financial control, risk, scope & change management
• Engage at sales bid stage to lead/support the commercial and technical teams, contributing to proposals to ensure that work is assessed, planned, appropriately estimated and a suitable deal is agreed, with appropriate cost and risks identified to maximise margin
• Working as the customer account manager to foster closer ties with end customer and increase GE work portfolio.
• Build customer loyalty through project execution excellence and actively promote quality awareness and improvements to sustain company ISO9000 accreditation.
• Provide effective Project Management support to the Asset Management COE in the provision of Services projects
• Provide leadership/support to the bid team in preparation of tenders and assist in contract negotiations with end customers and third-party suppliers
• Liaise with technical teams to: fully capture all customer product requirements; track and manage customer product developments; oversee product and project testing lifecycle
• Responsible for all customer communications covering: attendance at project meetings; production of regular project reports and schedules; managing and reporting of all issues
• Responsible for delivery of complete project to agreed schedule and budget: covering primarily software but may also include ancillary tasks such as customer training and system hardware
• Build customer loyalty through project execution excellence and actively promote quality awareness and improvements to sustain company ISO9000 accreditation
• Financially accountable for whole project within agreed delivery budget, with regular financial review of incurred to date expenditure and estimate to complete costs, as well as enforcing change control mechanisms
• Responsible for risk assessment and creating/executing plans to mitigate risk to ensure project delivery to agreed schedule & budget
• Must be willing/able to travel to customer site (predominately UK, but with some customers in Europe, Africa and the Middle East) for short periods
• Significant demonstrable project management experience in a global environment dealing with suppliers and multidisciplinary teams in a technical environment, ideally within a utility or telecomm segment
• Proven track record to manage and resolve project issues throughout full project lifecycle
• Natural leadership skills
• Effective, excellent written/verbal communicator at all levels (Director to technical execution)
• Native English speaker
• PRINCE2, PMI or PM-BOK certified
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Delivery of consultancy services for Smallworld, GIS, Mobile Asset Management or Smart Grid solution implementations
• GIS, mobile or asset management software product expertise at user business process or technical engineering level
• Experience in working in a large multinational business operating in a matrix environment