General Electric PMO Senior Procurement Manager – MEA in Cairo, Egypt
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The role demonstrates leadership in driving sourcing programs,processes & execution for the Projects business working w/ PMO team to meet customer needs in MEA.He/she will own/drive all aspects of the sourcing process from negotiation & implementation of purchase contracts,solicit & evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation,cost & price analysis techniques to achieve lowest possible cost for material,balanced against optimum quality & schedule needs & applicable company guidelines
· Understand strategies for assigned PMO projects and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives, this will include qualifying new suppliers and building country supply base capabilities across the MEA region.
· Assess EPC and other suppliers’ capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability, drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals
· Deals exclusively with the supplier relationship (sourcing, evaluation, claims), and ensure interface with internal and external clients
· Coordinate with Engineering regarding project requirements. Together with the discipline/package engineer, prepare bidders lists. Together with the engineering discipline, determine if a bid clarification and/or kick-off meeting is required and facilitate such a meeting
· Prepares inquiries, aligns commercial proposals, manages costs and monitor internal and external contracts.
· Ensure compliance of the offers specifications, schedule, quality and contractual terms.
· Develop process to look upstream for pending requirements and drive Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales to ensure sourcing given adequate cycle to procure material.
· Participates in meetings with the projects team, drive actions items to support the sourcing team help meet the business needs.
· Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, using available expertise from supporting organizations; implement purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations. Prepare award recommendations for assigned material/equipment packages (including free-issue materials), based on requisitions.
· Obtain recommendation approvals, prepare purchase agreements, and obtain required approvals for all assigned packages. Manage revisions/changes for equipment/Material assigned packages
· Place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from suppliers. Analyze and track supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure supplier promise date accuracy.
· Work with legal team and suppliers on getting agreements in place to support business
· Performs activities of purchasing materials, deadlines and quality analysis, compares suppliers and payment terms.
· Provide constructive input to the evolution of the Project Procurement Procedures. Monitor supplier performance, and maintain positive vendor relationships.
· Minimum of 5 to 10 years EPC experience in Project Procurement preferably at a Senior Buyer Level
· Needs to be self-sufficient and experienced in working in a fast track environment
· Advanced excel skills and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Prefer candidates with an EPC background
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a Sourcing role)
· Minimum of 3year experience in Capex Procurement or experience in EPC industry managing large multimillion dollar projects.
· Additional experience in Sourcing and writing fulfillment reports using MS Access, SQL or Visual Basic is preferred
· Efficient with Oracle 11.3, COPICS, DART and AP systems
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· PC and database proficiency
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
Locations: Egypt; Cairo
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.