GE Financial Reporting Accountant in Cairo, Egypt
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Middle East & Africa
GE Global Operations is GE’s shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential. We strive to be the world’s best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
Posted Position Title
Financial Reporting Accountant
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Egypt
The Reporting Accountant will be responsible for supporting the reporting leaders with performing and reviewing basic accounting entries. In this role you will be expected to explain variations in accounts and work with auditors in process improvements
• Prepare and review account reconciliations
• Prepare and review journal entries ensuring compliance with local accounting procedures and US GAAP.
• Drive the timely preparation of assigned journal entries driving increased efficiency.
• Prepare periodic balance sheet analysis
• Engage with auditors to answer questions in regards to control processes and account reconciliations
• Prepare analysis and explanations behind variations for DR4 reporting
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field ( Finance and Accounting)
• Minimum of 2-4 years related accounting or finance experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Fluency in English (written & spoken).
• Practical experience working with MS Word, MS Excel , MS Powerpoint
• Sensitivity to accuracy, confidentiality & timeliness
• Excellent communication & execution abilities.