General Electric Lead Technical Intern (Nov 2017, 12 months) in Burlington, Ontario
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Lead Technical Intern
GE Business: Industrial Solutions
Duration: 12 months
Anticipated Start Date: November 2017
Number of positions: 1
Application Deadline: September 18, 2017
As the Lead Technical Specialist Intern, you will be joining an energetic and an ever evolving environment as part of the Motor and Generator repair team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Engineering, Sales and Business Management. You will gain exposure supporting the Finance, Commercial, Engineering and Production teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Project Performance analyses
• Project Engineering
• Project report writing
• Data collection for various jobs on the shop
• Production Planning and Job Cost Analysis
• Assist in continuous improvement processes on cost, quality, safety, delivery and cycle time
• Assist in documentation packages to be prepared for the shop
• Assist in Reports to be prepared to the customer
• Assist the buyer/Lead technical specialist in material procurement & Qualification
• Follow-up and support closing VCP projects
• Back-up to the Shop Specialist
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Organized and results oriented
• Excellent time management skills and strong analytical abilities
• University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics)
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Locations: Canada; Ontario; Burlington
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.