General Electric Quality Assurance Engineering Specialist in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Help accelerate GE's Digital Transformation. In this role, a Quality Assurance Engineering Specialist will be responsible for generating automation test cases using code or scripting languages for the application under test. This individual contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management. This is considered an entry level position. May be required to write manual test cases depending on phase of the application.
• Demonstrates awareness of the various testing types and methodologies.
• Understands that testing is part of development.
• Uses test driven development practices wherever possible.
• Uses code coverage tools to identify areas of code that are not tested.
• Learns new testing techniques and designs test cases to improve quality. Demonstrates awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Demonstrates the ability to learn fast and understand new technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Proven experience in the industry
• Must be willing to work out of the Budapest location
• Automation exposure in HP UFT, Selenium, Rainbow Framework, Qualitia or Protractor
• Test tool exposure to Rally, HP ALM, Team Foundation Server or Jira
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
Locations: Hungary; Budapest
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.