GE EEDP - Research in Beijing, China
Healthcare Technology & Medical Innovation
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
EEDP - Research
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is a key entry point for engineering professionals in GE. This program is designed to attract high potential engineering candidates and to help develop their technical skills, leadership abilities and business acumen in their early career stage.
The target of the Edison Engineering Development Program is to grow high caliber, technically superior, self-confident technology leaders in GE Healthcare.
EEDP accelerates development of entry-level career and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the engineering function at GE. EEDP is a 2-year program that allows members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training. Through these job assignments and training, program members are involved in many of GE's strategic initiatives. Graduates from EEDP will be select and join one of the functional teams in GEHC Science and Technology Operation (STO) China, based on availability of positions, the interviewers’ assessment and the program member’s preference.
Role and Responsibilities
• Finish the 2 years rotational program in GEHC technology functions
• Rotate 24 job assignments, each in 612 month long. Should finish the job assignments and meet the evaluation criteria in each rotation.
• Complete A/B courses & corporate trainings defined in the program, as well as the associated homework with required quality rating.
• Complete at least one A or B course project (mostly team project) with measurable results.
• Doctor/Master degree with Engineering or healthcare industry related background such as Biomedical Engineering, physics etc.
• Has accumulated certain level of technical foundation in a particular area with practical engineering project or research work
• Has a strong commitment to a career in technology in GEHC
• Has leadership potential, and demonstrated analytic approach to problem solving.
• Is an active & quick learner
• Geographic mobility (this is a rotational program and locations vary by job assignments)
• Other desired characteristics include: well-developed written and oral communication skills, business acumen, integrity, self-motivation, maturity, and ability to deal effectively with stressful situations.
• Preference will be given to doctor/master degree candidates that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in the clinical research such as clinical trial, new medical solution of medical devices.