GE Outage Manager, Thailand in Bangkok, Thailand
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Outage Manager, Thailand
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Thailand
Reporting to the Customer Service Leader, the Outage Manager is responsible for preparation, planning, leading execution, and close out planned/emergent Outage events for gas turbine, steam turbine and generator under MYA/TX/Upgrade agreements in Thailand.
• Manage outage events (Planned/Emergent/PSP) from start to finish, including outage planning, schedule development, TFA/craft labor/tooling/cost planning,
customer management - pre/post outage meetings, event & mobilization planning, outage & JCE execution, and close out;
• Project manage onsite execution during assigned outages, ensuring Fulfilment-5 goals are met at all times; Manage on job cost tracking, productivity/P6.0
implementation, while managing execution risk/FMEA and NU/Service warranty;
• Drive improvement of On-Time Delivery, Outage Cost & Productivity, and effectively update and maintain accurate CDS / tracking files, control man hour cost
• Support project quotation including work scope, site condition check, preliminary safety and risk analysis to identify potential issues or obstacles and to
minimize cost impact for site execution;
• Ensure proper execution documentation is used, prepared, reviewed, stored and delivered including QCPs, Field Procedures, Quality Procedures, OneEHS, FME
and Customer Outage Reports;
• Working with web systems applications such as Oracle Field Services, Field Services Portal, and PGS Portal for proper allocation, preparation, planning and
forecasting on labor, tooling, vendor management;
• Respond to forced outages/emergency quickly, be on site and investigate/escalate site issues to restore the units to operating conditions in a timely manner.
• Support Service Director and Customer Service Leader on technical communication to customer staff on unit operations and maintenances, new technology
and new products.
• Bachelor degree in Science /Business/ Engineering or equivalent experience in power generation industry
• Min. 5 years of experience of turbine installation, maintenance or manufacturing/ repair processes
• Strong Project Management skills
• PC proficiency, web applications including advanced Excel skills
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical & maintenance knowledge of GE gas/steam turbines and generators
• A good team leader in dynamic, energetic and complex customer site environments, equipped with quick learning capability and well ownership;
• Be self-motivated, confident and able to work under high pressure and constraint time, committed and process oriented;
• Good communication skills, able to influence stakeholders to deliver customer & business needs
• Ability to work multiple project simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team;