GE UX Interaction Designer in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
UX Interaction Designer
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
GE Digital is seeking a UX Interaction Designer to join the Industrial Internet Applications team. In this role, you will help create useful and desirable software product and service experiences for the industrial internet of things. As a UX Interaction Designer you may lead or be an individual to contributor to multiple user experience engagements as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
In this role, you will:
• Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
• Leads research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trend
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• A minimum of 0-3 years of professional experience in product or service design
• Experience with versatile implementation options, including Java, Spring 3.0, HTML Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
• Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
• Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
• Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
• Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
• Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Understands and stays up to date on the industry’s technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
• Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
• Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
• Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
• Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
• Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
• Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain.
• Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking