GE UI Developer in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
• Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of UI technology solutions for business processes
• Work with other UI developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
• Collaborate with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
• Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Provide functional and technical documentation
• Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
• Skilled in standard UX design & wire framing tools
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework (Angular, Node, or similar)
• Experience and knowledge in UX / IA / Web & mobile design and front end development
• Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Experience working with Polymer
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
• Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to create responsive User Interfaces
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework.
• Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision