General Electric Staff Technical Project Manager in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Staff Technical Project Manager will be a key leader in driving technical and business engagement and execution to deliver on the mission of a world-class Finance data analytics platform across GE. You will be responsible for accelerating Finance ERP data ingestions across GE into the Data Lake. The candidate should have strong expertise with all aspects of agile project management, data analysis and a fundamental understanding of end-to-end business processes and ERP finance systems.
• Responsible for leading multiple interdependent and parallel initiatives forming a program within the Data Lake platform focusing on finance data ingestion, expansion of the finance data lake model, or migration of data warehouses into the Data Lake.
• Makes sure project management practices followed and improved as needed.
• Leverages deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program.
• Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of single medium to large-size projects or a program comprising of multiple projects impacting a single or multiple domains
• Partners with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical teams internal and external to the initiative to deliver high quality outcomes on time, within scope and budget, and of desired quality.
• Collaborate with customers and business stakeholders from GE businesses, functional owners, and project technical teams to accelerate the ingestion of their ERP data and drive the overall mapping of Business ERPs with the centralized standard data model and ensure extensibility of overall data architecture.
• Ensure that all measures for data quality, accuracy, data governance, security, and compliance are adhered to and provide a secure mode of data consumption for end-users.
• Interface with technical team (data analysts, ETL developers, etc.) to ensure full understanding of business requirements and accurate data mapping
• Collaborate closely with the core Data Lake team to build the overall strategy and vision for the Data Lake to ensure Ge-wide usage and applicability.
• Monitor & report out project plans, resource utilization and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a periodic basis
• Drive innovation and creative solutions to decommission traditional warehouse and drive cutting-edge analytics from the data lake.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Management or Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of project management experience
• 4+ years IT experience with strong understanding of finance systems, and ERP software, finance business processes, and ability to analyze data, structures, and relationships
• Prior experience with data related projects in a Big Data environment
• Familiarity with Big Data tech stack like Greenplum database, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Big Data ETL tools and concepts and reporting tools like Spotfire, Tableau
• Confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms that appeal to business stakeholders
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.