GE Staff Software Architect in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
In this role, you will be playing a Product Architect role and a technology leader in the Optimization Solutions team as part of GE Transportation business. You will be responsible for designing end to end solutions for asset management for rail road customers based on SOA standards using Java, Web and Mobile technologies. As a recognized subject matter expert, you will be providing technical expertise & directions to multiple sub-system architects and work closely with CTO circle.
• Lead design of complex systems, including requirements definition, design alternatives, formulation of solution & technology selection.
• Develop, present and explain the vision & value proposition of new ideas to business leaders.
• Drive prototype developments for complex or key areas of the architecture for capability analysis and use case demonstrations.
• Provide technical leadership to architects/developers in designing and developing software modules as per defined architecture
• Coaching and mentoring talent pipeline in technical excellence, process & career growth
• Ability to work on different technologies and work with team to deliver cutting edge solutions.
• Master's/Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical or Electronics and Telecommunication or Computer Science or equivalent.
• Overall >12 years progressive experience in the software industry with technical expertise in Java/J2EE, Design Patterns, SOA & Micro Services
• Minimum 3 years' experience in designing complex systems or computerized products.
• Strong experience developing large scale Web & Mobile solutions and familiarity with technology involved.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and are results orientated
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence business & technology leaders
• Experience working as part of teams following Agile Scrum methodology
• Experience developing Predix based applications and strong knowledge on various Predix components. (Predix is a GE software platform)
• Experience managing or working with multiple sub-system architects providing directions
• Software development experience on SaaS based applications
• Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Couchbase, Angular JS, Java Script & HTML 5
• Experience with software version management (SVN, Git or Mercurial)
• Ability & Interest to work on all layers of software architecture picking up new technologies as required.