General Electric Sr Technical Project Manager in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Sr Technical Project Manager for Digital Service Team, you will be responsible for leading cross functional projects across service horizontal teams. This will include planning, facilitating and program managing projects identified as Digital Thread.
Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
In this role, you will be responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers.
• Partner with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements.
• Manage technical development teams to ensure delivery is done on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality.
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Interact with other teams as well as other functions like finance, business development, marketing, sourcing, sales & commercials
• Participate in scrum meetings, stands ups, and weekly reviews as needed
• Prepare and present summary reports to senior leadership during staff meetings, GMT etc.
• Become an expert at adapting quickly to new scenarios that require specific skill sets and have high levels of ambiguity
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in project management, leading cross functional initiatives and/or large global project OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in project management leading cross functional initiatives and/or large global project
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India.
• Software experience within a technology company
• Experience with Cloud platform is a huge plus
• Experience with program management tasks mentioned under the responsibilities section
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles
• Additional qualification such as PMP/similar will be a great asset
• Experience in product organizations over multi release cycle
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
• Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Possesses excellent collaboration skills, and leverages relationships across the business to drive outcomes
• Be an expert at adapting quickly to new scenarios that require specific skill sets and have high levels of ambiguity
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Constantly thinking critically about the task at hand and maintaining an understanding of the problem in the bigger picture
• Knowledge of GE Healthcare’s enterprise platforms and processes
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.