GE Sr Software Engineer - Front End in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sr Software Engineer - Front End
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
• Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set.
• Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
• Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators. • Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness. • Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Minimum of 3 years of IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework
• Must be legally authorized to work in India full-time
• Must be willing to work in our Bangalore, IN facility full-time
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
•2+ years experience with AngularJS
•2+ years experience with NOSQL database
•1+ years experience with Cordova
•3-5+ years experience writing unit tests
•1-2 years experience using a CI system to automate builds.
•2+ years experience with TDD/BDD
•Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
•Experience with analytics frameworks
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Experience working with Polymer
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
•Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently