GE Sr IOS Developer in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sr IOS Developer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The Mobile Developer will work with the customer, product owner, UX (User Experience) designer, and development team to implement streamlined and high perfomance mobile capability and user experience for a software product. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
• Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
• Work with other mobile and front end developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
• Collaborate with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
• Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Provide functional and technical documentation
• Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate mobile interfaces that are visually appealing and intutive
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Minimum of 3 years of IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in a mobile design and development framework
• 1-2 years experience with Swift and iOS
• 2-3 years experience with Objective-C and iOS/Mac
• 2-3 years experience with Android
• Experience with Cordova
• Understanding of backend systems and how to integrate with online services
• 1-2 Years experience writing unit tests
• Experience using a CI system to automate builds.
• Experienced in TDD/BDD development
• Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• 2-3 years experience with Java
• 1-2 years experience with C/C++
• Experience with SQLite
• Experience with NOSQL databases
• Understanding of CI systems
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
•Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently