GE Sr. Data Engineer in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sr. Data Engineer
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Customer Performance Analytics is a group within GET - Digital Solutions which builds analytical products for GE transportation customers. These products would span across the supply chain of our customers in transportation industry. The Sr. Data Engineer will implement data-oriented solutions to support analytics products for GET CPA group. You will own the technical solutions needed for data ingestion, storage, access, and provisioning to enable large scale analytics and software deployment.
• Be hands-on with data science tools such as R, python, Data RPM etc.
• Be hands-on with sql, no sql and graph DB Work across multiple cross-functional teams and own the data solution end-to-end.
• Architect, Design, Develop, improve storage/ETL processes in scope of Application development
• Own application data structure, storage, integration, deployment and support
• Provide technology guidance, evaluate tools, perform POC’s, and propose solutions
• Design and document conceptual/logical models Understand and follow policies, procedures and standards for data management and processing Document designs and changes to data objects needed by team in order to create new data object or make the changes needed to provide the solution required
• Design and Implement different storage optimization techniques
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM)
• Minimum 10 years of experience as data engineer in designing and developing database and data transformation solutions Experience working with PostgreSQL,
• Greenplum, and Oracle databases Experience working with Graph DB, Cassandra Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience working with ETL tech stack, Talend, HVR and other data streaming solutions
• Primary role in recent positions can be as a Lead Data / Big Data Engineer
• Understanding of BI Database technologies (such as OracleSQL Server, Big Data tools and SQL)
• Experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.)
• Knowledge of data partitioning schemes for performance tuning and efficiency Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills – excellent problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• A quick learner – able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently Must be able to function productively in an agile environment