GE Specialist IT Engineer Software in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Specialist IT Engineer Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Responsible for applying Quality Assurance policies and standards to produce effective performance and automated test cases of software applications. Applies tools, methodologies, frameworks and analytical skills as appropriate, to conduct effective testing & communicates results and next steps to application owners. Maintain a detailed, working knowledge of the respective assigned systems, organization, and business processes.
• Provides application/infrastructure performance testing services and support for respective business unit
• Establishes and executes test cases essential in identifying and optimizing application performance, inclusive of reporting and documenting system problems
• Serves as the principal liaison between the business unit and Information Services for system related issues
• Demonstrate command of quality assurance tools, systems analysis, automated test case and solutions, debugging, documentation, and software controllership
• Assists with analysis and debug for complex application, infrastructure and performance testing problems or enhancements and reporting for internal users and customer users
• Ensures ongoing close relationships with appropriate internal and external customers
• Drafts test plans and scripts for break/fixes and new development systems changes. Executes test scripts and documents results and interfaces with end users for test input and approval
• Works across a broad range of application and infrastructure platforms within GE to validate application stability and performance meet expectations
• Demonstrate leadership in delivering on QA COE internal projects, including: Test load models, adopting best-in-class tools such as dynaTrace and HP Diagnostics into the Loadrunner framework, enhanced analytics, and controllership standards
• Bachelor's degree (or 4 years equivalent working experience) with 2+ years of IT experience
•Experience in test design, plans, automation, execution, and debug
•Hands on experience with application performance testing tools like HP Loadrunner
•Experience with Load Runner, LoadUI, WhySlow, JMeter or other performance testing software
•Experience in a major programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Visual Basic .NET
•Experience in major Scripting Protocols such as HTTP, ERP, Citrix, Oracle NCA.
•Knowledge of Performance Engineering concepts such as JVM, Garbage collection ,Threading
•Experience with monitoring tools such as HP Diagnostics, New Relic, Dynatrace, Sitescope