GE Software Engineer in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
In this role, you will be designing and developing innovative web and mobile based software solutions for Transportation business. You will be hands on design, development and maintenance of a component, feature and/or feature set. You will be collaborating with other product & partner teams to enable product delivery & leveraging best practices and processes.
• Be responsible for designing and developing web and mobile applications in a fast paced and agile development environment using latest software development technologies and infrastructure using Java/J2EE technologies.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Work as an individual contributor and take guidance from software technical leader,
• Work in an environment of developers using open source development tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in Java/J2EE technologies.
• Strong Experience in Developing Enterprise applications with RESTful Web Services and SOAP,
•Strong experience in building micro services based architecture, Sprintboot, NodeJS or relevant framework.
•Experience in building application using Agile SCRUM methodology.
•Experience in build and deploying application using cloud technologies.
• Experience with database tools (PostgreSQL, Entity Framework, other ORMs such as LLBLGen Pro, NoSQL concepts)
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules)
• Experience with big data technologies.
• Experience with software version management (SVN, Git or Mercurial)
• Strong oral and written communication skills.