GE Software Engineer in Bangalore, India
Healthcare Information Technology & Process Excellence
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The software engineer developer will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Requires strong foundation of functional skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. Will be member of an incubator squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
• Leads design discussion in a limited manner. Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks. Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module. Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules. Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes. Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices, expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules. Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team. Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Overall IT work experience of 4+ years in product development
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
• Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification, experience working in an Agile software development environment, experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS, Polymer, C#, Logstash, Postgres, Lua, GOLang, Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN), CQRS
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
• Leadership Training Program Experience (IMLP, OMLP, FMP)