GE Software Engineer - Back End in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Software Engineer - Back End
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The Software engineer - Back-end will be responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
• Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set.
• Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience
• Experience in IT software development.
• Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
• Must be legally authorized to work in India full-time
• Must be willing to work in our Bangalore, IN facility full-time
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
• Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
• 1-3 years experience with Java
• 1+ Years of developing REST APIs
• 1-2 Years experience writing unit tests
• Experience with NOSQL databases
• Experience with Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc…)
• Experience using a CI system to automate builds
• Knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
• Experience with NodeJS
• Experience with Lua
• Experience with GOLang
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
•Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently