GE Program Manager, Digital Plant Reliability in Bangalore, India
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Program Manager, Digital Plant Reliability
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The Digital Plant Reliability Leader will lead the engineering development and strategic planning of a suite of Digital Twin products that will become software solutions for our Power Services customers. This leader will ensure the product strategy, vision, and goals are closely aligned with engineering development. Most importantly, the Program Manager will use the voice of the customer and the value of outcomes to shape the evolution of the program’s vision.
• Execute the development strategy for the engineering development of Asset Performance Management (APM) for specific coal plant technology
• Own the Multi-Generational Program Plan for the engineering development, and integration of key Digital Systems, such as RAM Deck, Life Odometer, eFMEA, etc. to realize Reliability Centered Maintenance and Maintenance Optimization for APM
• Manage specific customer projects ensuring successful cross-functional collaboration and coordination with multiple engineering, product line, research, software, commercial, and external customer functions.
• Consolidate cross-functional technical expertise to drive successful product development and customer outcomes
• Drive technical depth into the development of risk and reliability based inspection intervals in power plants, and help package into a software solution
• Support Sales and Applications with product technical specifications on a programmatic an ad-hoc basis.
• Provide domain expertise to support customer meetings and/or collaborative efforts as required
• Execute work in accordance with the GE Power Services Engineering design practices and quality procedures
• This role may require up to 10% travel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Materials, Software or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 8 years engineering experience in turbomachinery, design, analytics, or power plant domain
• Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
• GE Analytics Program Certification
• Green Belt Certified (GE Employees only)
• Reliability Practitioner Program Certified (RPP) (GE Employees only)
• Advanced MS Excel experience (conditional formatting, pivot tables, macros)
• Self-starter able to develop, document, and execute engineering assignments with limited supervision
• Experience working in a Power Plant operations and maintenance role with strong working knowledge of Turbomachinery, BOP equipment, and maintenance planning
• Experience working with a globally based engineering team
• Experience working in a cross functional organization, i.e. - systems, controls, performance
• Ability to mentor less experienced engineers both locally and across a global team environment
• Ability to rapidly adjust to changes in directions on multiple concurrent projects based on emergent business priorities
• Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
• Effective communication skills, oral and written
• Demonstrated technical skills