GE Principal Software Architect in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Principal Software Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain specific architecture.
In this role, you will:
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Capture system and application level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Manager
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural at domain level and across multiple teams.
• Participate in the EA business-wide and domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
• Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain.
• Experience in architecture building enterprise SaaS & PaaS products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 15 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
• As a technologist the PA has to be hands on to be able to build POC’s using emerging technologies and stabled hardened design patterns to be architect enterprise class applications.
• Participates in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
• Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements at domain level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Leads and facilitates the domain’s architecture governance process based on EA’s governance structure.
• Leads teams in developing plans and assessing improvement options.
• Experience or exposure to IOT/Industrial Internet.
• Experience in working with Micro services, SOA, Big Data systems (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc), Cloud Technologies, DevOps etc.
• Experience in Airlines or Aviation domain would be an added plus.
• Create, analyze and manage projects that provide direct business benefit; demonstrate detailed knowledge of business operations and strategic direction, including merger & acquisition opportunities; understand industry trends and competitive landscape and the implications for your GE business; partner with business leaders to align projects with business goals and needs.
• Recommends allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success. Develops the business case for approval.
• Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain. Define the skills, competencies in the skills and talents for architecture team members.
• Facilitates dialogues that produce new perspectives and trigger recommendations for substantial innovative / enhancements, and analysis of consequences.
• Influences through others. Uses experts or other third parties to influence. Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, uses chains of indirect influence.
• Participates with senior business leaders and subject matter authorities in defining strategies and courses of action that will impact the enterprise.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Takes a holistic systems perspective. Envisions, compares and contrasts multiple potential long-range enterprise-wide futures. Empathizes with multiple points of view.