GE Principal Engineer in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Research - Software Engineering and Other Computing Sciences
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
As the Principal Engineer specializing in multi-modal analytics, you will leverage your technical expertise and experience to shape technology developments and enable the transfer of technology to the GE businesses. You will set the research strategy, create roadmaps, and lead the execution of technical projects.
Partner with domain experts from GE’s businesses and global research centers to shape and deliver cutting edge solutions for Digital Twin applications. Architect, design, and help create analytic solution and systems for GE’s intelligent machines (such as gas turbines, aircraft engines and systems, medical scanners, locomotives, wind farms). Act as a technical mentor to junior engineers and review global programs for technical excellence.
As the Principal Engineer – Multi-Modal Analytics, you will:
• Collaborate with GE businesses to solve highly complex technical problems in analytics and provide solutions which are innovative and ingenious
• Identify and grow new big programs in industrial analytics
• Advance machine learning technologies for data and model fusion through collaboration with customers, universities, government agencies, and other GE teams
• Build strong networks with technologists and leaders at GE businesses and within GE Global Research
• Drive a vision and roadmap for technologies to fuse heterogeneous sources of information in order to extract value for GE businesses
• Specify and execute research projects with GE businesses to realize implementations of this vision and roadmap
• Participate in identifying, planning, and developing strategies to enhance GE’s competitiveness in industrial data science
• Develop processes, techniques and tools to accelerate development of multi-modal analytics technology for GE and contribute to the Digital Twin Framework
• Perform hands-on research and development which include new algorithm development, prototyping analytics software and coordinate algorithm implementation into Digital Twin Framework
• Mentor early to mid-career researchers and Champion the Technical Career Path options within Global Research
Ph.D with 14+ years of experience in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
Demonstrated experience leading large technical research teams and building complex analytical systems
Proven ability to identify new opportunities for analytical solutions
Deep knowledge and recognized expertise in analytics, machine learning and data sciences.
Significant experience in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python, C++, Matlab)
Experience working with software teams to deploy analytics in software solutions
Proven leadership, coaching and teamwork skills
Excellent communication, presentation, influencing & interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated domain knowledge in one of GE’s application areas of Aviation, Power & Water, Oil & Gas, Energy Management or Healthcare
• Strong external publication record in journals and conferences
• Expert knowledge of industry software and tools for data cleansing, data quality assessment, data visualization and machine learning
• Experience in developing big data analytical systems using Hadoop, databases, cloud foundries and other big data tools
• Outstanding interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills