GE NPI Program Manager in Bangalore, India
Power GE India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
NPI Program Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
GE has an opening for a NPI Program/Project Manager in Bangalore location. As NPI Program/Project Manager, you will be responsible the execution of a logically connected group of projects. He/she is in charge of managing the execution of development of products or technologies that support the strategic business initiatives. The execution of the individually assigned projects shall be delivered on-time, within the specified quality, and within the allocated budgets.
• Managing the execution of individual NPI Program/ Projects within a specific product line.
• Ensuring the delivery of the NPI Program on cost, on time in required quality as specified in the PDQ / TDQ NPI development process
• NPI Program Management processes (Budget, planning & reporting); Assures that project specifications within the NPI Program are aligned with Product Line Management
• Setup clear WBS for each project, establish detailed time schedules and actively manage the required tasks, establish mitigation plans in case of potential delays and implement as required; Provide regular progress reports incl. R&O assessment (QTC); Providing early warning to the Head of NPI Program Management of any event (technical, resource competition etc.) which put at risk any committed deliverables.
• Organizing the NPI Program structure and NPI Projects to optimize performance of the team members, and managing interfaces with all departments which have a stake in the Program.
• Supporting the Product Line Management NPI Program portfolio through appropriate reporting of program progress and future requirements; Support the hand-over to business after successful completion of the NPI Program in line with the PDQ detailed requirements.
• Forecasting future NPI budgets, CapEx and NPI Execution resource requirements (running FY and 3YP) in cooperation with the Head of NPI Program Management
• Prepare & present quarterly project/program status updates
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
• Engineering Degree and/or good technical aptitude
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management
• Project Management experience in multi projects environment
• Must have previous operational experience in Engineering, NPI, operations etc…
• Experience in power generation industry or comparable industry products and technologies
• Ability to lead cross functional teams w/o direct reports
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with various organizational levels in the company
• Strong skills in anticipating potential technical threats, root cause analysis, and in technical problem solving
• Capacity to handle problems efficiently by being creative and providing fresh insight
• Fluent in English (other language beneficial)