General Electric Lead - Sourcing Leader in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Product Sourcing Leader is responsible for owning and managing all sourcing related decisions and activities related to the assigned product segment(s). He or she is a key interface between the concerned product segment(s) and global sourcing organization to ensure strategies and needs are represented and executed. Scope is strictly segment based and includes all suppliers and production site(s) attached to the segment portfolio.
• Act as key team member in a cross-functional team responsible for owning and interfacing between the product development teams and the global operations organization, including leading the key deliverables for the assigned product segment for the total product life cycle (NPI & Installed Base).
• Manage NPI deliverables required to establish an optimal supply chain maximized with strategic suppliers and a strategy to achieve target product ICV for assigned product under development
• Drive early supplier engagement and deploy sourcing initiatives early in NPI process to ensure excellence in supplier selection and meet target product costs
• Act as a key focal point for all supply chain issues related to the product segment (s)/ site (s) including supplier fulfillment & component obsolescence risk mitigation
• Integrate engineering, production and sourcing objectives in the execution of assigned segment related activities - drive productivity, standardization, and technology gap closure projects
• Develop and drive supply chain strategies aligned to available roadmaps of assigned products
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field
• 7 plus years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, sourcing or engineering
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets development and analysis
• Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and influencing skills
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally
• Working experience with development and product ionizing of Medical Devices
• Real time experience in balancing and optimizing engineering process rigor with product delivery priorities
• Excellent program/project management experience with the ability to develop and execute on integrated program plans
• Effective problem solving ability to lead and influence others (cross-functionally and globally).
• Demonstrate strong execution skills and ability to drive change globally
• Experience with eNPI, ePDM and Oracle systems
• MBA or Master Degree in Technical field
• Certified Green/Black Belt
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.