General Electric Lead Product Specialist in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Staff Digital Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating strong working relationships with and influencing across executive leadership, product management, engineering & functional groups. You will create and to execute strategy within GE Digital, across GE businesses, and with partners and customers. You may mentor junior product mgrs.
As a domain expert for your portfolio, you will engage customers at mid-level management & technical levels to develop/refine portfolio strategy, influence customer direction and execute strategy. Elevate how we engage with internal and external software businesses. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of GET Digital products, making recommendations on extending software solutions, and representing General Electric to the outside market, including customers, partners and analysts.
In this role you will:
• Responsible for product performance with targets on revenue, cost & margin.
• Identifies market trends and opportunities.
• Execute vision & strategy, roadmap and product lifecycle.
• Become a domain/business expert for the product. Support the establishment/refinement of product management processes.
• Work cross functionally across engineering, marketing, sales, internal and external customers, analysts and senior management teams to formulate and execute the strategy.
• Establish and manage relationship across the functions, partners, customers and technical experts across industries and geographies.
• Establish strong working relationship with account managers, technical sales and user/developer community.
• Global travel required as necessary
• This role is responsible for a product or portfolio of products/solutions with revenue influence / target in the range of up to $25M USD per year.
• Will possess financial acumen and accountability.
• Responsible to create strong working relationship & influence across product management, engineering and other stakeholder groups to successfully execute business strategy across the functions, partners and customers.
• Will engage customers as a trusted partner.
• Cross functional leadership to execute the vision and strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of large software product development and product management expertise OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in software product development and product management.
• A minimum of 3 years of product management experience
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Knowledge and proven experience in developer tools, notably continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
• Knowledge of the Railroad domain would be very helpful
• Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation. Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
• Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
• Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
• Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
• Proactively engages with
cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using
critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
• Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
• Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
• Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.