General Electric Lead Engineer - Systems Architecture and Design in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Software Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. ·
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Digital Mining Software team representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Assist Sr technical leadership in defining architecture and solutions
• Expert in C#, ASP.Net (Web Forms/MVC)
• Solid understanding of .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework and Microsoft Web enterprise solutions.
• Expert in MS SQL and MySQL
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Solid experience with ADO.NET and good understanding of ORM/DAL technologies such as EF, Linq2SQL.
• Strong understanding of client-side languages, technologies and practices.
• Source control solutions like svn and git and puppet or other configuration management tools.
• Continuous integration, peer-review, agile development methodologies, coding / accessibility standards, effective documentation and producing maintainable code
• Develop high performing, scalable and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Participate actively in design and code reviews
• Mentor and review junior software engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer/ Electronic Engineering.
• At least 3 years’ experience with software development and hands on coding in a variety of high level programming languages and embedded platform and processors.
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer/ Electronic Engineering.
• At least 7 years’ experience with software development and hands on coding in a variety of high level programming languages and embedded platform and processors.
• Proven history in delivering successful high quality software products in C#
• Experience with mining methods and/or vehicle types
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
• Exposure to Microsoft Technologies, .NET, DCOM, ATL, VC++, VB, SQL Server, Internet Technologies, SOA, Java, JBOSS, or XML ·.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Outside-the-box thinker, self-managed, and self-directed.
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.