General Electric Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component in Bangalore, India
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more Information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
The Lead Engineer is an expert in Mechanical design and development. He/she will lead complex design and development activities of engine components and systems for new product and current product support. In this position, you will utilize your expert-level experience in engineering problem solving and 3D CAD design skills to create or improve complex parts and assemblies. In this role, you will lead and mentor Design Engineers on programs and further develop design and drafting skills.
Design and develop new engine components and systems and solve design-related problems, including:
• Create component and system technical requirements for complex design and development activities while working closely with technical and cross-functional personnel
• Lead the development of designs of large castings, forgings, machined components, and metal fabrications in 3D CAD, including 2D drawing creation and the application and interpretation of GD&T to define technical requirements, manufacturing and inspection of components
• Perform extensive engineering studies and calculations within the scope of assigned work including defining the requirements for simulation and physical validation of designs
• Lead cross functional development teams, including leadership of design reviews and oversight of the preparation
• Procure prototype hardware for design validation, product release, and trouble-shooting production and field service type problems
• Ensure all required business system transactions associated with ECO releases are completed as required
• Provide technical engineering support to other functional areas as required, including other engineering teams, manufacturing, purchasing, application engineering, marketing, service, contracted engineering consultants, and suppliers
• Lead the creation and continuous development of design practices
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Design Technology from an accredited university or college.
• At least 8 additional years of experience in an mechanical design Engineering role.
• Mechanical design and development experience with components and systems of reciprocating internal combustion engines and engine-driven packaged equipment
• Expert-level skill in the use of Oracle ERP business system, Enovia PLM system, and high-end 3D CAD such as CREO, CATIA, or NX
• Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance calculation and DVA tool in the development process
• Understanding of engine performance, simulation/FEA, engine testing/DVP, and mechanical development
• Knowledge of materials, manufacturing, quality std/tools (ISO/DFMEA/DFSS/DFR), and assembly processes and experience working with the associated functional organizations
• New product design leadership experience
• Current product support and problem solving design experience
• Knowledge and experience in the use of rapid prototype techniques
• Willingness to Travel
• comfortable in an international environment and have strong oral and written communication skills preferably in both English and German
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.