GE Lead Engineer - Aero Dynamics in Bangalore, India
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The aerodynamic and acoustic technology team in GE Power Engineering – Bangalore participates in “State of Art” aero design of Gas turbine components through modern age tools and methods. The team highly engaged in New Technology and New Product development projects, which involves interaction with cross functional team - Mechanical, GRC, Tools and Performance teams. The involvement in aerodynamics experimental test definition preparation, participation in test execution at Aero Thermal Lab, Pre/Post test data validation and methods development is part of every engineer’s role.
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer - Aero Dynamics
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
As a Lead Aerodynamics Engineer, apply advance technology to increase Gas Turbine efficiency and bring power to the people with lower emissions. Builds expertise and execute New Technology/New Product development projects with cross functional team using high fidelity analysis for a range of GE Gas turbine products. Leverage the most advanced test facility to improve gas turbine design.
• Independently execute the aerodynamics design of compressor/Turbine components using sound engineering principles and adhering to the business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Work with global mechanical, performance and heat transfer teams through design process to achieve timely and accurate design solutions.
• Participate in experimental test planning, rig design as well pre and post test validation activities to drive key conclusions based on test and CFD results.
• Be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
• Help and provide necessary support to team member in resolving technical issues / problems during project execution.
• Work effectively within cross-functional and global research teams to create/implement inventions for performance improvements.
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• M.E / M Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with specialization in turbomachinery aerodynamics, computational fluid dynamics.
• Minimum 4 years experience in Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering.
• Good knowledge of turbomachinery aerodynamics. Experience in Compressor/Turbine flow path and Airfoil design.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and ability to work well in a team environment with a positive “can do” attitude.
• Prior hands on experience in compressor and turbine – mean line flow path design and advance 3D airfoil design.
• Experience with CFD Application for aerodynamics and multiphase flows analysis with commercial CFD packages viz. UG, ICEMCFD, and CFX.
• Graduate level experience in numerical methods and CFD techniques.