GE Lead Business Analyst 1 Business Technology in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Lead Business Analyst 1 Business Technology
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The ServiceMax Tech Lead will be working on Power Services and Renewables ServiceMax Instance. This position is responsible for operational excellence & application support specific to ServiceMax application of Power and Renewable Businesses. This application is used 24x7x365 by 1000+ users globally and are very critical for ensuring the Outage Execution.
• Resolution of production incidents/RITM/design tickets for the ServiceMax application.
• Operate in “Dev Ops” model
• Help define strategy & manage processes around Level 1 to Level 3 service management and provide GE leadership for coordination & day-to-day management of Tier 1-4 support teams (e.g. Functional Support, Technical Support, Shared Services) to ensure continuous service delivery for internal customers
• Monitor and prioritize the open issues to expedite closure and serve as an IM point of contact for escalation on all matters related to ServiceMax
• Act as Change Leader and drive Functional CCB (Change Control Board) and drive the Change Management process effectively.
• Assist in enabling rapid response to quality & LEAN initiatives, supporting other quick-hit process or system changes. Ownership of operations releases covering bug fixes, minor enhancements, patches / upgrades etc. Responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed, assigning individual responsibilities, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of deadlines.
• Drive proactive behavior in support teams for monitoring & issue resolutions; prioritize issues for business criticality and escalate issues as necessary; use existing metrics for monitoring issues, and develop others as needed
• Lead or participate in planning & execution of Design Reviews, Regression Testing, Production Cutovers, and Post-Production Transition.
• Develop and maintain relationships with business partners, project teams, key strategic vendors and peers
• Develop peer, cross-functional & cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing & team effectiveness
• Responsible for preparing/partaking related communications for system outages, releases
• Drive processes improvements through solution identification, feasibility analyses & recommendations.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
• 8-10 years of relevant and progressive experience in the field of Information Technology to address business needs of digitization
• Strong technical hands on experience in ServiceMax and Force.com platform
• ServiceMax certification is a strong plus.
• Full understanding of change management processes incorporating multiple releases and business teams
• Exposure to a service environment, ITIL process
• Capacity to act as strong team player; ability to work on a virtual team without direct supervision
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
• Capable and influential at program management and business process improvements
• Demonstrated ability to lead and drive change in a complex matrix environment
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to abstract and see patterns, and the ability to generate and evaluate multiple alternatives.
• Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently; formulate clear and concise objectives and plan
• Motivated self-starter with demonstrated GE leadership values.
• Process focus with keen sense for driving standardization and simplification
• Ability to take the broader scope of work and divide them into manageable chunks based on risk and ease of implementation
• Experience in vendor management (on and off-shore)