General Electric Engineer - Electronic Hardware in Bangalore, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity.
An Electrical Engineer learns the practical application of engineering principals, achieves expertise in Electrical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing and troubleshooting electrical product/subsystem release solutions.
• Perform failure analysis of issues reported from field, NCs, trending etc. including autopsies of failed units whenever available.
• Document the detailed analysis using tools like Fish bone, 5 WHYs, Reliability etc. and identify the root-cause of failures and propose solutions.
• Identify solution for obsolescence issues and propose solutions. Introduce the alternate solution by completing technical analysis, verification & validation, documentation and completing the ECO process.
• Identify and work with domestic and international suppliers to deliver units in time, resolve issues in the manufacturing line, process improvements etc.
• Identify opportunities to reduce the ICV of the product
• Improve designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, serviceability, cost and manufacturability.
• Support NPI activities by performing verification & validation activities to deliver on time, whenever required.
• Own and deliver RoHS conversion for the respective components
• Give inputs to facilitate EMC, thermal, and performance/requirements whenever required.
• Analyzing and validating material/component selection, tolerances, performance, cost, manufacturability whenever required.
• Concurrently manage multiple assignments and meet the schedules.
• Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Product Definition Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
At least 3 years industry specific experience designing electronics components & PCBs
Experience in Microcontrollers, Processors, Memories and interfaces are must.
Experience in PCB design, testing & manufacturing are must
Experience with digital and FPGA design.
Intimate knowledge of available and upcoming technologies
Familiarity with circuit board design/layout best practices
Familiarity with thermal design best practices
Familiarity with EMC design best practices
Ability to work flexible hours
Quality Specific Goals: 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables 5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Should have Demonstrated technical capabilities
Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and essentially able to multi-task
Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
Effective oral and written communication skills
Global project experience
In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities, assembly, and test procedures
Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
Demonstrated skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with suppliers and revenue sharing partners
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.