GE Application Operations Engineer - Oracle Golf in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Application Operations Engineer - Oracle Golf
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Contemporary technology solutions that enable business and enterprise outcomes. Basic understanding of Information Technology procedures and concepts; understands how own area integrates with other teams
"For the given application(s) in production ensure availability and performance end to end according to the needs and SLA (Service Level Agreement) if any:
Lead and operate the maintenance activities, ensure the operational application SLA end to end, ensure the support level 2 and level 3 (guarantee the applications availabilities), ensure the applications maintenance: corrections, preventions, enhancements, optimize TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) per application solution, end to end; provide end users assistance with technical issues, including maintenance, administration, and resolving issues related to the technology customer's use. Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. Communicates with direct team and supervisor. Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research. Has discretion on how to accomplish deliverables; rarely influences deliverables outside of team or function. "
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Information Technology).
"• 5+ years of experience in Oracle application development or support
• 3+ years of experience in implementing and / or supporting Oracle E-Business Suite 126.96.36.199 or R12, specifically Oracle Order Management and Depot Repair applications.
• Significant experience working with Oracle 10g/11g databases and development tools such as PL/SQL, SQL, Forms 10g /11g, Reports 10g/11g, Oracle Application Framework (OAF) and BI / XML Publisher
• Ideally will also have some experience in Oracle Application Express (APEX), Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and development of java based SOA applications, preferably utilizing JDeveloper to extend OAF pages
• Functional understanding of order management and depot repair processes is desirable. Should be able to relate process flows to data model and structures.
• Experience in Oracle Discoverer and/or OBIEE
• Extensive interaction with the user community – both in terms of requirements analysis/gathering and post implementation support
• Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle; familiarly to scrum or Agile is desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
• Ability to build positive and professional business relationships with internal and external clients.