GE Analyst - Data Management in Bangalore, India
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Analyst - Data Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
In this role, you will be part of the ERP Initiatives & Strategy group's Data COE and responsible for accelerating digital thread adoption across GE. You will be responsible for implementing the Global data conversion strategy for PLM applications.
• Lead one or more concurrent data integration, migration or conversion projects as part of the digital thread.
• Communicate the data conversion strategy with the business, functional and technical data owners as needed.
• Partner with the functional owners and IT application teams to understand the source data
• Develop plans and manage dependencies to minimize execution risks
• Interface with technical team (data analysts, ETL developers, etc.) to ensure full understanding of business requirements and accurate data mapping
• Proactively identify potential project delays & risks and work with operations and project leaders to implement the corrective actions
• Monitor & report out project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a periodic basis
• Provide direction & leadership to project team resources to support and deliver solutions including planning, prioritization and managing costs and associated project resources
• Partner with functional team and application owners on data reconciliation & validation efforts
• Identify & lead implementation of monitoring controls to ensure ongoing data quality post-conversion
• Maintain effective working relationships with functional owners, peers
• Leverage LEAN / Six Sigma to eliminate waste & reduce project delivery and data conversion cycle times
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field, OR a minimum 8 years of relevant IT work experience
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience in an engineering function collaborating with IT; knowledge of engineering processes and ability to analyze data, structures, and relationship
• Should have worked as a Project team member in at least one full cycle of PLM implementation
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with PLM systems.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in data or systems integration's, migrations, conversions
• 4 year university degree or equivalent degree
• Demonstrated strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Minimum 3 years global project experience
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships; ability to influence at all levels
• Strong track record of understanding, and interest in, current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Has experience working with others on a global basis
• Able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms that appeal to business stakeholders
• Confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
Knowledge of Back Office ETL tool, Back Office methodology, Data Steward platform
Hands-on technical experience with data modeling, business process, data analysis, profiling, ETL and Data Base Management System (DBMS)
Six-Sigma / PMI / PMP Certification
IT CAS or ITLP graduate
Prior experience with global teams that are not co-located
Functional / Industry expertise in Engineering/Manufacturing
Willingness to Travel– on Need basis
Attention to Details – able to root out causes of system and operational accounting issues
Critical Thinking -- critically review information; check for internal consistency; Ability to research problems and develop solutions
Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems