GE Advanced Lead Engineer- Engine systems in Bangalore, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Advanced Lead Engineer- Engine systems
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
The Advanced Lead Engineer- Engine Systems leads projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business. In this role, you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
· ·Design locomotive engine modernization solutions including bill of materials, schematics, and install instructions.
·Adapt and apply existing engine equipment designs to older locomotive models to improve efficiency, reliability and output.
·Manage product technical requirements to satisfy contract commitments and design guide practices.
·Develop and implement validation plans to ensure the modernization product meets requirements
·Prepare modernization technical proposals including layout, performance estimates, product descriptions, and cost estimates.
· Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as product management, manufacturing, sourcing, services, global engineering, ATO, and systems engineering
· Support service programs, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
· Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
· Mentor and develop less experienced personnel
·· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
· At least 3 additional years of design experience
· Master’s degree in Engineering
· Six Sigma training
· Strong design and analytical background
· Familiarity with manufacturing processes
· Ability to drive projects to completion
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers