GE Lead Engineer 1 - Mechanical Component in Bangalore, Alabama
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer 1 - Mechanical Component
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
The Advanced Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
· Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
· Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
-Bachelor's or Masters degree from an reputed institution with at least 8 years of experience in Engineering.
-At least 3 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering Design and Analysis
-Hands on experience in product development and innovation.Extensive usage of CAE tools.
-Should have been a part of a multi disciplinary team involving a product design and development
-Should be able to conceptualize designs.
-Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
-Strong oral and written communication skills.
-Ability to evolve conceptual and detailed design
-Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
-Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
-Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
-Effective problem identification and solution skills.
-Proven analytical and organizational ability.
-Knowledge of gas turbine combustors and allied disciplines like aero, heat transfer.
-Should have worked in a multi cultural