General Electric Biacore Sales Specialist - South Central in Augusta, Maine
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Biacore Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales revenue, growth and profitability of the Biacore instrumentation and consumables product portfolio in the assigned territory.This technical sales role will focus on increasing revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers, through effective sales process execution, territory management and providing technical knowledge of Biacore products and associated Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) applications.
• Is accountable to achieve orders and sales target for the assigned product range in the assigned territory.
• Forecast sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products in their assigned territory.
• Prospect and uncover new business opportunities within assigned territory.
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to, opportunity generation and development, competitive strategies and targets.
• Formulate account strategies to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/ territory.
• Identify & respond to account end users and departmental decision makers’ needs. Continuously develop a network of key decision makers within the assigned territory.
• Track and communicate market information to/from the field including competitor data, funding trends, and industry developments, leading towards a sustainable competitive advantage.
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of assigned SPR products, market, competition, and industry.
• Be able to present and discuss the technology, applications and benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
• Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with Account Managers, Field Application Scientists and other Sales Specialists to obtain maximum synergy across the business. Continuously educate and coach account team members on Biacore product strategy and offerings.
• Differentiate GE Life Sciences product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
• Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GE Life Sciences channels to differentiate GE from our competitors, build relationships, and secure business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences field.
• Minimum 3 years of post-Bachelor’s experience in commercial role or as Research Scientist.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to energize, develop contacts and build rapport at all levels within an organization.
• The ability to synthesize highly technical material and relate this information to others in a lucid professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, plus experience of using these skills to participate in cross-functional teams.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Written and verbal fluency in English.
• Must live within and be able to travel extensively throughout assigned geography, ideally located in NC, TX, GA, or FL.
• Valid motor vehicle license.
• MS or PhD in Life Sciences field.
• Three or more years of successful commercial performance that exceeded plan: including but not limited to sales, marketing, technical support, field applications support.
• Hands on laboratory experience involving molecular interactions, biophysical and bioanalytical techniques, including surface plasmon resonance.
• Self-Motivated team player, a hunter.
• Demonstrated negotiation and closing skills.
• Experience selling to Biotech, Pharma, and Academic market sectors.
• Existing customer relationships/contacts in assigned territory.
• Experience working in Salesforce.com.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas; Raleigh/Durham, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Miami
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.