GE Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician 1 in Arlington Heights, Illinois
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician 1
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician is responsible for in-process and release testing of finished products produced on site. The role also includes raw material testing, analytical equipment operation, and maintenance as needed. The technician participates in the development of new procedures and conducts calibrations/validation studies as they pertain to analytical testing.
You must be able to work 4 day/10 hour shifts. Hours are WED-SUN starting at 0530.
• Performs required analytical testing on in-process and final products.
• Performs USP, EP, and ACS testing on raw materials.
• Testing using HPLC, FTIR, ICP-OES, UV/VIS, Liquid Scintillation, and Gamma Spectrometer.
• Tracking and trending of analytical data.
• Participates in validation projects requiring analytical support.
• Writing and developing SOPs.
• Contributes to process improvement through Lean, 5S, and six sigma tools.
• Assists in the stocking and supplying of the QC lab.
• Performs visual inspection of finished product.
Quality Specific Goals:
Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity requirements for incoming, in-process, and final inspection requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device conforms to its specification and out of specification items are properly handled.
Knowledge and understanding of Stop Orders, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, documentation configuration control practices; documentation & disposition of non-conforming material, and Good Documentation Practices requirements, as associated with this job type/position.
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Associate degree plus 2 years working experience in Manufacturing or Laboratory, or Bachelor’s degree.
Ability to speak, understand, read, and write in local language.
Proficient with software applications applicable to the job
Must be available for nights, and weekends as needed.
Must have the ability to distinguish color.
Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Be able to work weekends/Rotation of shifts.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Waters Empower Experience or similar software.
• Equipment experience with HPLC, ICP, UV/Vis, FT-IR
• Experience working with radioactive material including the use of gamma spectrometers, Ion Chambers, and liquid scintillation analyzers.
• Visual inspection experience.
• Working knowledge of USP.
• Experience in a FDA regulated QC environment.
• Background in Math or Chemistry.