General Electric EID Intern in Apodaca, Mexico
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The role for this position is to offer support to the materials department regarding material arriving to the border and coordination of import processes.
• Gather all needed paperwork for material arriving to the border, ensure it doesn’t age over 14 days.
• Coordinate with buyers priorities when importing material to communicate to logistics
• Gather the needed signatures to cross sensitive material everytime it arrives to the border
• Issue claims to carriers when material arrives short or damaged.
• Ensure material purchased intercompany doesn’t age more than 30 days before being received.
• Purchase packaging material (wood) Qualifications/Requirements:
• Background: student of International Business / Industrial Engineering / or related (from 5th to 9th semester)
• Availability (from 8:00 am to 4:30pm)
• English 90% Desired Characteristics:
• Proactive, fast learner, very well organized
• Good communication skills to request information and receive feedback
• Flexible to work with different teams and people
• Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Task oriented / Mindset to meet deadlines
• Fluent in English Locations: Mexico; Apodaca GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.