General Electric Warehouse Keeper in Algiers, Algeria
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Store Keeper will be a part of Sourcing team and custodian of the entire material and machineries kept in the store.
He will supervise the warehouse and school store operations, engage in the receipt, storage, control and issuance of school supplies and equipment.
• Senior Technician in Inventory Management; Relevant technical study for at least 2 years after BAC (lycée).
• Five years of experience as store keeper
• Keeps a tight control on stock movements and to have all items inventoried and issued correctly at all times.
• Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
• Warehouse material management voucher issuing.
• Definition of min-max stock.
• Material request.
• Warehouse Material preservation.
• Submission to the attention of the Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Manager the request for emergency spare parts or routine common spares necessary to restore the stock.
• Ships cancelled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
• Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
• Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
• Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property.
• Determines inventory levels for all items purchased and stored; prepares orders sheets including item specifications and desired quantities. unload goods and check them against order forms count and record the number of items in store during stockades
• Be aware and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to Ship’s rules and regulations.
• Excellent knowledge of GMAO MAXIMO system,
• Knowledge of inventory processes and procedures.
• Ability to prepare, document and maintain inventory and supply records and reports.
• Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
• Excellent knowledge of MS-Office software suite
• Ability to solve problems, take initiative and plan the tasks
• Flexibility with time to work extra hours when the project requires
• Good leadership and communication skills
• Ability to work in multinational environments.
• Good command on French and English language speaking, reading and writing.
Locations: Algeria; Algiers
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.