GE O&M Mobilization Manager in Algiers, Algeria
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
O&M Mobilization Manager
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Algeria
Global O&M provides full Operation and Maintenance (O&M) contracts to customers. GE Power Services is growing in Algeria with several new O&M contracts.
O&M contracts are provided for various technologies including gas combined cycle, aero derivative, solar and coal power plants. Each contract consists of a contract mobilization period and a contract execution phase.
The job includes a detailed mobilization planning for each single power plant site, establish the different contractual deliveries for this period and define with the corresponding GE site responsible the necessary actions and timeline. Support the mobilization process on site in order to ensure operational readiness at the commercial operation date (COD).
• Prepare the initial mobilization schedule based on the contract requirements and align it with the involved GE station responsible.
• Support during mobilization the operation & maintenance readiness of the GE site personal.
• Provide expertise, technical support and best practice to the GE site team.
• Establish and coordinate the initial spare part process with the corresponding GE organizations. Define and implement a spare part pooling strategy for the different plants and contracts.
• Establish and coordinate the necessary working tool concept between the different sites based on the principles of the GE Center of Excellence (CoE)
• Technical interface to EPC for plant layout and design during the time of mobilization.
• Support O&M site staff in the contract mobilization phase and during commercial operation
• Identify, manage and organize trainings for GE power station personal
• Identify and define synergies between the different contract mobilizations. Include the resources from GE operated power station whenever possible.
• Be part of on-site audits on power stations and identify improvement potentials on mobilization, operation and maintenance
• Implement gained know how and improvements on the mobilization in any new projects
• Coordinate the implementation of GE digital products on the different sites.
• Provide support to sales team on new O&M contract negotiations
• Master or local equivalent degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the power service / power generation industry
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with O&M on a power station
• Experience and knowledge in project management
• Good written and oral communication skills in French and English to convey technical concepts to business , customer and technical personnel is a must
• Ability to influence and gain commitment
• Ability to work and act independently
• Willingness to travel
• Ability and willingness to learn very fast about new technologies, systems and tools
• Presentation skills to an audience
• Global mindset
• High degree of motivation and intercultural competence
• Experience in multiple-location project team
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to execute strategic plans; results oriented