GE EHS Specialist in Algiers, Algeria
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Environmental Health & Safety
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Algeria
The Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible to ensure the safe exposure of employees towards assigned tasks. Being key member of the Management Team, it is the responsibility of EHS Specialist to assist developing an effective EHS system and maintain in-depth knowledge of local Regulations.
As EHS Leader, you will:
Advise and support customer to develop and Implement a world class EHS Programs / process to attain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Perform regular audits at customer sites to ensures compliance with applicable EHS standards, improving and implementing safety directions and policies.
Plan and conduct EHS trainings to employees and customer
Coordinates on compliance to EHS procedures, local and federal Government regulations (including all environmental, safety, health and safety, audits and inspections, recordkeeping, training)
Supports customer in coordination with Local Regulators
Support customer to coordinates all EHS activities at the plant.
Generates and coordinates any reports assigned by the Plant Manager.
Ensures that incidents are investigated, root causes found, effective actions taken, and records maintained for all EHS incidents. This is monitored till closure.
Maintain EHS expertise to provide technical and regulatory support to operations teams Responsible for coordinating and providing EHS trainings for the site Employees and customer.
Support customer in developing site specific induction program for all the people entering the plant operational area.
Support customer in ensuring material safety datasheets (MSDS) of hazardous material are maintained and used in the work place.
Support customer in scheduling and organizing effluent and emission monitoring.
Provides EHS awareness through safety talks and bulletins.
Responsible for any other assignment given by Plant Management regarding the Health, safety, Environment and training on the site.
Compile periodic reports to Headquarters (HQ)
• The candidate must be an Environment Health and safety graduate or an engineering graduate with NIBOSH, IOSH or equivalent qualified
• 3 to 5 years' relevant EHS experience, in Power Plant, oil & gas or process industry.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and French. Arabic an advantage
• Self-starter with strong client and public communication skills. Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
• Prior experience with GE O&M in same capacity is preferred
• Knowledge of GE products, services, and processes (GE employees only)
• Prior customer interface experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proficiency with computer tools. Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS Office software programs, i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and able to navigate internet and intranet tools
• Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, as required
• Six sigma GB qualified (GE employees only)