GE ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER in Algiers, Algeria
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER
Financial Planning and Analysis
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Algeria
The focus of this role will be mainly on assisting the Commercial Finance Manager of Algeria, North & West Africa and French Sub-Saharan Africa, on the finance activities for the these three LCTs in addition on leading FP&A activities.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Support the Commercial Finance Manager on Finance activities which include but not limited to: the financing of GEHC customers, managing the distributors relationship (open accounts follow up, payments due to…), handling financing programs (CAGEX, SGA convention), Cash review and follow up, Credit override and approval of deals…
• Lead GE Healthcare Finance/Business planning cycles including Blue print review and Operating Plan.
• Participate in quarterly / yearly Accounting closing processes.
• Deliver FP&A process for monthly/quarterly financials and communicating results.
• Provide financial data to finance and operating teams in an effort to drive growth.
• Support the improvement of growth by challenging the drivers, developing contingency scenarios, driving stronger management accountability, improving financial forecast process, enhance management performance measures and improve execution discipline.
• Understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business. Segment them into unusual, controllable, operating drivers and identify root cause and action owners for each
• Provide necessary analytics to highlight key business performance drivers; Identify risks and opportunities throughout the quarter and develop processes to mitigate risks while capitalizing on opportunities.
• Consolidate actual operating performance and reporting results.
• Drive standardization & process improvement across operating businesses in all aspects of planning and reporting, including best practice sharing.
• Work with Commercial teams and operations leaders to drive opportunities for pricing, variable cost, base cost, and material variance.
• Lead and / or participate in simplification projects that will facilitate and increase capacity for value-added financial analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration and 5 years financial work experience ; OR high school diploma / GED and 5 years progressive financial work experience.
Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, Vlookup and macros).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, and regions.
Strong critical and clear thinking skills and ability to add value to operating teams.
CPA, CFA or any other recognized external finance qualification.
Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
Experience working in a matrix environment